'
'

Thursday, October 4, 2007

I want to be a manager

Before today, if you ask me whether i want to be a technical person or people manager, without hesitate, i will tell you, "I want to be technical person!" But, remember, there is 2 fix constants in this world, which is 1. People will die 2. Change. So AFTER yesterday's "meaningful" conversation with my superior, i change my mind, I WANT TO BE MANAGER!!!!! You must be wondering what makes me change my mind. Let me tell you few good points to be manager.


  1. Manager doesn't need to know much
  2. Manager can SIMPLY make their OWN ASSUMPTION BASED ON WHATEVER they think
  3. Manager can come to work late and go off early, reason "busy with off hr meeting"
  4. Manager can do WHATEVER they like with justification "It's good for you and the company"
So, what should i wait any longer? Since there is so many good points to become manager, of course i want to change my career path. Ok, let me tell you what makes me change my mind!!!!! Pls turn your cellphone, pager, house phone, tv, radio off....sit back relax and enjoy yourself!

Yesterday, my manager (M) told me, her boss (YS) ask her what's wrong with me.
Before this, let me briefly describe the character of the story to you, like what we used to do when we watch movie.
LYS - she's a dungu manager, where she has SINGLE eye lids but she likes to put 2 patches of
BLACK eye shadows on her eyes, so from far, people thought she has BIG EYES...hiaks.
M - she is our manager but she act like highly paid admin to us, everything also don't know
J - me me me....
M is my manager, J is me

M: YS asked me "What's wrong with Joanne, how come she comes to work late and leave
early?"
J: (i puzzled and immediately piss off by this statement) Huh? I usually come in before most
of our team mate and usually the last one to leave.
M: Hmm..then how come YS says so?
J: (Oh..i know) Oh, could it be last Friday she sees me walk in around 9 something? I brought
my son to see doc as he is not feeling well
M : hmm...maybe
J: By the way, she must be coming in after me and leave almost same time as me, then only
she can see me coming in late and leave early...right?
M: (keep quiet...expected, as she doesn't has her own opinion)
J : And also, i car pool with hubby, u think possible for me to come in late and leave early?
M : Oh yeah hor...yeah yeah yeah...(well, again, her usual response, DUH!)
J : oh..could it be she sees me carrying my big bag that i keep my milk bag? And usually when
i go to Mother's room, i carry the bag together with my water container, she thought me
just come in when she sees me in the morning, and she thought me going back when she
sees me in the afternoon. I express milk 2 times in office
M: (Again with the same expression) Oh yeah yeah, maybe....
M : How many times your express milk in office?
J : 2 times
M : You still breastfeeding your son? He's turning one soon right?
J : Yes, still breastfeed
M: No plan to stop yet?
J : (hubby actually said can gradually stop, but i'm not going to tell M) No plan to stop yet,
will continue bf until no supply
M: (pause for a while) Actually, it's good...good that you can continue and still have supply.
good good...
J : DUH!

KNS, MF..Pardon my language..i feel upset with this stupid accusation!!!
First, they forced me to move to another area and i just follow whatever their instruction, didn't make any complain or noise...and now find fault with me..DUH!!!!!!!

Then, i walk back to my place, jump up and down ...when i told my team mate about our conversation, most of their reaction was

  • "Since when u come in late and leave early so often!"
  • "die lah, Joanne comes in around 8am and goes back after 5:30pm, yet the mgmt says she comes in late and goes back early, then next time we all have to come by 7am and go back by 7pm!!!"
Bla bla bla bla bla...then i went to mother's room to express milk! And also consult my english teacher on how to draft a nice email to chicken in the jungle as i feel unfair with such an accusation on thing that i didn't do!!!!!!!

After that, i drop LYS an email, tracked she read it or not..i send the mail at 5.28pm and she read it at 6:33pm. Until now, she hasn't reply my mail yet. Maybe she needs to ask her hubby or her group of "consultant" to draft the email. What do you expect, the higher you climb, the less intelligent you will be!!! Hahahahaaaaa...

So at the end, YES, i WANT TO BE MANAGER!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is joke of the day ! Thumbs up ! Muahahaha

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

yeah yeah! Too bad, you choose to leave us! Shd stay here and join the fun!! Else life is sooo boring! hahaha

Something about us