'
'

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Maybank oh Maybank!

I thought i am the only person who is so bad luck where my ATM card is faulty. But today when i went to Maybank in QBM, realized that i am not alone! Lots of Maybank ATM card holder face the same problem aka, the ATM card can't get processed by Maybank ATM machine!! However, i get a better treatment as compare to them.

I had problem with my ATM card for almost 3 mths, ** so long until i lost track**. First time, i wasn't able to withdraw money from Tesco ATM machine, so thought it's the problem with the machine. And before i make the conclusion, i slot my card into other bank's ATM machine to confirm my card isn't faulty, and yes...i am right, other ATM machine able to recognise my card and allow me to do the transaction. So wait wait wait...following week, try my luck at the same ATM machine in Tesco, also cannot. Then noticed that the person in front and behind me also unable to do any trasaction as well. So i make a conclusion ~ that ATM machine has problem and not yet fixed. Went to QBM's Maybank ATM machine, able to withdraw money. Then happy go shopping!

Next mth, again, die hard customer, went back to the same ATM machine in Tesco, SAME, cannot do any transaction. Went to QBM's Maybank ATM machine, also NOT able to withdraw money. A bit on fire. So went to QBM Maybank customer service to check, the lady very unfriendly and super unhelpful. She just use eraser to clean the chip on the ATM card and kept telling me there isn't anything wrong with my card. Hello, i also can tell that there isn't anything wrong with my card as my card is in super good shape and condition. And she told me, if i would like to have my card replace, i need to pay RM12..WHAT????? And if i go back to the bank where i have my open my account, i may get to waive for the charges. Since i open my account at the Bukit Jambul branch, so i went to the Maybak at i-Avenue. The front desk lady also tell me the same story, "nothing wrong with my card" and she asked me to try with their machine. To my surprise, i am able to withdraw money. So i checked with her, and according to her, nowadays Maybank is engaging third party to maintain all their ATM machines and not all ATM machines being well calibrated. Ok...fine..accept the explanation. And that lady doesn't want to replace my ATM card for me.

3rd mth, went to QBM Maybank ATM machine to withdraw money. WHAT??? Still unable! So fire burning and it's already after their wrking hour but since i see there's people in the bank, so i walked in and talked to one of a male officer. And ahem...with this, i apply some of my soft and barbarian skill, i told him my card doesn't allow my to withdraw money and tell him my story bla bla...this nice malay guy, he listened to me and help me to troubleshoot, and i pretend innocent and below is our conversation,
M: Me; O : Officer

M:My card can't be processed by the ATM machine.
O: Oh..what error message do you see?
M: It says something like "ask me to check with the bank"
O: oh....
M: Actually i have this problem for almost 3 mths...** then i bla bla bla with my story**
O: oh, ok ok, let me check your card for you *8so, tik tok tik tok, he punched in the card detail and do some checking for me" Hmm...there isn't any block at your card, everything seems fine.
M: but i can't withdraw money, if i want to replace my ATM card, do i need to pay?
O: yes, you need to pay RM12
M: huh? RM12...but u see, my card is in good shape and condition, nothing wrong...it's the Maybank ATM machine has problem**take opportunity to hentam **
O: But now everyone go home already, you come tomorrow and i replace for you
M: Then do i need to pay or not?
O: Nope, no need, i can do it for you FOC, but tomorrow i am not working
M: Eerrrm...then how?
O: Never mind, you wait for a while, i ask my colleague to settle it for you
M: ok ok, thanks, so FOC right?
O: Yes, will do it FOC for you.

yeah..happily walked to Sub Way and order "today's special" for myself and walked to Old Town Kopitiam to meet with hubb.

Voila...so simple, and i save RM12. Not that i don't have RM12, but i don't feel worth paying it. And today when i went there to get my card replace, i see at least 5 people coming in with sour face, saying their ATM card cannot get processed. And the customer service rep just tell them, "you need to replace your ATM card and pay RM12" and those people just agree to pay without any question. If you are Maybank ATM card holder and if your card not working (provided your card is in good shape) PLEASE DO NOT PAY for the card replacement charges. Stand on your own feet , be firm and insist them to replace it for you FOC! Apply some soft barbarian skill, ok! LOL!

And another lesson learn is, go to see a male officer rather than lady officer. They are more friendly, LOL!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am having this same stupid problem too! big banks always like this down standard..

Something about us