'
'

Friday, July 9, 2010

A bad lunch at Waka City Bayview

I attended training at town area and decided to go to Waka in City Bayview hotel for lunch. Previosuly, Waka is at Rasa Sayang hotel, however, the hotel was closed for upgrade, as such, Waka moved to City Bayview hotel. Ever since the moved, hubb told me the food quality is no longer there, but i would like to try it myself before i can conclude anything.

It has been a while i wanted to go to Waka for lunch, but somehow, never make it..until last month when i attended training at town area, we went there for lunch. First time step into the restaurant, was kinda vacant, never mind...so we sat down and order our food. Food quite nice, and when we made payment, the lady told us about their promotional set lunch instead of normal set lunch. What a dang..the waitress NEVER tell us about the promotion set lunch which as ramen as one of the choice. So we decided to give Waka another visit when we had our training this week.

Second visit, reached the restaurant around 12 noon, when the waitress served us, again, she didn't mention about the promotional set lunch until we asked. So we ordered 2 sets of tepanyaki beef and one spicy ramen. Waiting waiting waiting...has been more than 30 mins, then only i see the so called chef walk out from the kitchen, start to do our tepanyaki. I am not sure that guy is the chef or part time chef.....

So wait wait and wait..finally we see waitress walk out from kitchen with one claypot. And guess what, she served the other table which come later than us. One of my friend was pissed off and call the waitress, and the waitress pretend not hearing her and my friend need to raise her voice then only the waitress come to our table. My friend asked why the lady being served before us, and the waitress told us that they call in advance to do their booking. And the waitress didn't even apologies with my friend for not responding to her call. Well, yes..the other lady call to book in advance, but we waited for so long, so even though the 2 ramens being brought out from kitchen with less than 1 minute apart, to me, i feel they should serve us before the other lady. When we waited for our food, we hardly see ANY waitress in the restaurant, don't know where they hide themselves, and i even need to request for green tea refill. *thought this should be done automatically right?*

ok, here come our beef. First bite, COLD, second bite..it's as hard as WOOD. Eat the rice, it's as hard as uncooked rice. So continue to eat until i can't stand anymore, my gum was so pain, the beef is so hard. And for the first time, i decided not to finish my food. I am not very fussy when come to food, those who know me, can tell from my size, right? LOL! But this time, i really dissapointed with the beef, so i only forced myself to eat half of it.

We are late for the training, so quickly proceed to pay money, but again, waited and yelled, no one actually want to come to us. Fire on....at first i just want to let go...but while waiting, i think think and think..feel not willing to pay for the beef in full price. After about 3 minutes, i can see a human walking towards us and NO APOLOGIES for bad service. And the lady that attended to us is the lady that we want to complain!That lady is the one who ignore my friend. Duh!! And again, that lady seems has deaf ears and i was so mad and started to complain about the food.

M: Me; W: Waitress; F: Friend
F: Why when i called you just now and you ignore me, i called u so many times.
W: *the waitress again pretend not hearing my friend*
M: The beef is very hard, as hard as wood. This is the worst beef that i ever had, i call it WOOD instead of beef. And i don't think i should be charged the full price.
W: Oh...the beef still there?
M: i didn't finish mine, but she * i pointing to my other friend* finished hers.
W: Why didn't you guys inform us after we served the food?
M: huh? inform you and wait for another 30 mins ??
W: sorry, we have some problem with our kitchen crew.
M: well, don't tell me your problem. You should at least maintain the Waka Standard.
F: I see this Ms Phang from D*** ordering quite a number pax of food from Waka, do you want us to call this Ms Phang and tell her our bad experience?
W: What about if i give u 20% discount
M: Nope, i think i deserve more than 20%
W: So what do you think?
M: 50%
W: *paused for a while, must be cursing for my barbarian-ness* What about i don't charge your portion and i only charge your friends meal.
F: I only complain with the service , not on the food.
M: well, it's up to you. Net net, i feel disappointed with this so call Waka standard. Firstly, the beef is cold, secondly the beef is hard.

So at the end, we being charged 1 free tepanyaki beef, 80% for the other set beef tepanyaki and full price for the spicy ramen. I don't mean to ask for free meal but with that type of service attitude, i don't think it's worth of money. I don't think i will never go back to Waka for food again! Had super bad experience and the wooden beef make my gum so painful.

No comments:

Something about us