'
'

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Something about my job

Ewwww...what a boring topic. Yes yes, i know it's boring, but i need to let go my feeling now! So frustrated after my usual weekly telecon with my boss.

Earlier, i checked with boss on what are the upcoming planning project than i can participate in, and the answer is, "nope, there isn't any upcoming project for planning, but for procurement team, they need some help" So, he asked whether can i help temporary. So, i agree with his proposal, but then, the feedback from procurement manager is, they need someone with content expert to help in the existing project. Hello...excuse me, it's in the middle of the project and you ask for help, and yet you looking for content expert...dreaming? WAKE UP WAKE UP! Then, ok, since they looking for content expert in procurement and i am not, then forget about it.

After that, boss approached me again, said that there is good opportunity in procurement whereby i can learn something new, good for my career development, as usual, management talk, bla bla..and indirectly want me to move to procurement. What can i say? So i said "ok ok " even though deep down my heart, i am not willingly to move to procurement, mainly few reasons :-
The mentor that i'm going to have will not be as GREAT as my current mentor.
The manager style is local manager, everything also want to know...sigh

I did have a 1:1 session with the procurement manager, i asked for specific role and responsibility, she can't tell, she can't give...so i feedback to my boss about this. And he said he will work on this for me...see, where got chance for me to say no with the arrangement...so sit and wait!

And today, boss told me, he,and the proc and their boss agreed with transitioning me over to procurement. Hello, agreed? Me agree? No no, i don't get to have any say! So gotta accept what is being put into my bowl, else i bet in the next round of redeployment, my name will be top of the list.

The whole thing looks like a trap to me, first ask me to help , then later said they decided and agree to move me to procurement. Even though there is thousand and one NO NO NO deep in my heart, i can't voice it out, because they won't listen!!!!! So what for i voice it out!

No comments:

Something about us