'
'

Sunday, November 25, 2007

GOD hear me or co-incident?

After i fully breastfeed my lil boy for 1 yr, hubb gives green light that i can slowly start to kick in formula milk.

Somehow rather, the process to introduce formula milk and stop expressing milk seems to be a smooth sailing process to me.

I had bad fever on the day after my lil boy's BIG ONE. I need to take fever and flu medicine. I hate to take medicines while breastfeeding. Furthermore, the medicine will make me drowsy and dry up a bit of my milk supply, so hubb and I decided to give formula milk a try as i afraid all my frozen milk will get consumed up. To our surprise, our lil boy take formula milk happily. And since i need more rest at night, so i stop direct feed my lil boy as well. He doesn't make any fuss when he can't latch on and sleep. He took the formula milk from bottle, then go to his lala-land happily. Maybe he can sense that mummy is sick, so he want to let mummy have good rest.

As for stop expressing, i don't like this very much. The incident that make me stop expressing is, my lil boy was infected by airborne virus, and he vomit, fever, diarrhea for almost a week. I'm busy taking care of him, worry about his condition, and thus, no mood to express milk. And since there isn't any pain at my breasts when i didn't express milk for 3 days, so i take it done deal, am not going to express anymore.

So today is 8th day of not expressing milk, no engorgement, no breast pain..I would like to announce the closure of Joanne's Milk Factory!

Lil Kelvin, you will still get to take mummy's breast milk, but those are frozen. The frozen breast milk can last you for around 2 weeks. After that, there will be no more mummy' s milk milk ya!

I do enjoy the breastfeeding moment that i have with my lil one, but life goes on, i need to stop it sometime. And seems like GOD hear me..or it's just co-incident?

No comments:

Something about us