'
'

Monday, February 4, 2008

My resignation story

On 28th Jan 2008, I finally tender my resignation with mixed feeling. I feel happy that finally I am out from this group and I feel sad as I am leaving my fellow good colleagues and friends! Between money and friends, sorry, I have to forgo friends as I work for money, I need the money!

If I don’t work for money, the day when I know my review result, I will already tender my resignation. Work place is no longer as fun as before, it’s getting more and more policical which I don’t see it earlier.

When I tender my resingation,
1. My manager told me she can sense it and she expcet resignation from me, just matter of time
2. I told her I will offset my leaves and work until the Friday on the same week, she even told me I can stop working on the Wednesday in the same week. See, she can’t wait to kick me out! She indirectly force me to on leave early.
3. She said she know that I am top performer when I was in business operations group, however, unfortunately I am not top performer when I’m in solution group, she said it’s a JOB MISMATCH! Hello, I love this job very very much before I start report to her, after report to her, my life so misetrable!

She said she will inform her boss IMMEDIATELY about my resignation,both of them must be happy and celebrate my resignation with champaigne.

On 29th Jan 2008, she called me me up and hurry me to send the hard copy of resignation to HR. Wah lau, can’t wait to kick me out. Afraid I may chicken out and don’t want to resign…NO WAY! And after that, she still doesn’t want to give me peaceful time, she called me up in the afternoon, pastering me with my remaining leaves. She said I have too much leaves and eventhough I offset all leaves, I still have extra leaves and this will make Finance has hard time to calculate my pay for me. Hello, u thought Finance people so useless huh! C’on, they just pay based on formula, won’t make any mistake! I control my temper, else I will shout over the phone. But this fella keep pastering me, until I cann’t stand and I told her I don’t want to discuss this with her again, asked her to check with HR! Then I hang up the phone!C'on, i am leaving and why can't she just leave me alone. I wont blame her for not talking to me....i will feel happier in fact.

I had my exit interview with HR on 1st Feb and i told HR what she told me, she sense it, she bla bla bla...the HR personnel look at me, give me blank look. I also even add in salt and pepper by saying this is very unprofessional, right? And she agree with me! And i told her what my manager's explanation for the job reclassification and also review ranking, HR told me whatever reasons that my manager gave me WAS WRONG!!! So what say you....work for such a always cannot convince you then choose to confuse you manager, will you have a peaveful day, will you have a bright future?

And on 1st Feb, we had farewell lunch. I don't want to attend it, but because the manager asked one of my close lunch buddy to arrange it, so don't want him to be in difficult position, so we went for it WITH HER! We met one of the old colleague and when the old colleague dropped by to say hi, the manager even said "hope that the next job that i have will be better!" Apa lar her, no one ask her to give any comment, why can't she just keep quiet and eat her food...and THANKS to that great friend, he replied to her saying " DEFINATELY she will". Hahahahaha....with such a simple comment, this make HER to shut her mouth. Whoever eat chillipadi, whoever feel the heat lah!

whether i make the correct move to leave Agilent or not, i am not sure...but one thing for sure is, i make the CORRECT move by leaving her GROUP, by LEAVING her GREAT supervision!!!

2 comments:

cocoa said...

Hey you have been tag and there is an award for you too.. pick up from my blog :)

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

Cocoa: Thanks for the tag and award. I did see the award sometime ago....ok ok, will kau tim both for you, else next time u don't wanna tag me anymore:p

Something about us