'
'

Sunday, February 3, 2008

What makes me change job

Never thought that i will tender my resignation. After working in Agilent for 6 yrs and 3 months, on one fine day, 28th Jan 2008, i walked to my manager with an envelope in my hand, hand it over to her, YES, i tender my resignation.

Without any pre-alert, i being asked to move to another field which is consider quite new for me. Can i say NO? Nope, it's top down decision, whether i want it or not, i need to follow the instruction. So, effective 1st Sep 2007, i moved to procurement team, still as Solution Engineer, instead of supporting planning, i am being assigned to support procurement. At the same time, there is one mentor being assigned to me. During the time, i started to hate my job, but i need the money, so i just keep quiet, do whatever the manager or the mentor ask me to do, be it from "study how to link oracle table" til become other people's assistant to schedule meeting or to take note testing results!

Well, everything has a limit. The thing that triggers me to look for other job is the yearly review result. I had the worst comment and review, never had such a big joke throughout my entire career life. It's zero increment and with the lowest rank! I do try to tell myself, "it's just a review, and i will do it better this year", but, at the end, i lost to myself. I cannot overcome myself, so in order to make myself not so miserable, i start to look for a job.

Out of sudden, a head hunter called me up and tells me about this job. Without any hesitation, i told the head hunter go ahead to submit my application to the hiring company. And GOD hear me, within few days, i actually received 5 interview requests from various companies. I put high hope on this company's interview, and the rest of the companies' interviews, i just attend it for fun, after all, it has been 6 yrs i never attend any interview mah!

The job offer came in in just 2 days time. Even though i have some hard time during the interview, but at the end, i got the job! BINGO, thank you GOD, you hear me!!!

When i send out goodbye mail, i received lots of response from colleagues, all of them said it's a surprise to them. Well, it's a surprise to me too! I NEVER expect i will resign from Agilent, but......i have no choice!

2 comments:

Yannie said...

Best of luck in Rat year and wishing you all the best in your future undertakings.

Change is always for the better if it is not the best.

Mummy Joanne and Daddy Terence said...

Yan: Thanks for the word and encouragement. You always give me all kinds of support be it for work, for parenting, for health, for EVERYTHING! So GLAD that i know u!!

Something about us